Travelling with kids can be an equally fun, and equally harrowing, type of experience. Sure, you’re all making memories to last a lifetime, but long flights or even longer car rides with bored children can really work to test a parent’s nerves.
Luckily, gadgets, toys, and media have provided us with some really great solutions to keep kids occupied throughout the whole trip, and this means the transportation part as well.
Here’s Our Top 5 Tips For Travelling With Kids:
- Your tablet is a new best friend – Tablets have games, movies, television shows, and everything your child might need to keep themselves occupied during travel. With a handy tablet stand, kids can set the tablet down right in front of them and enjoy their favourite media in a hands-free way
- Music and movies – Whether on a tablet, a phone, or a portable movie player, music and movies can keep little ones occupied for hours at a time. If they’re falling asleep, or trying to, these bits of media are even more of a parent’s dream come true. Equipped with a set of headphones, your children can be fully entertained through those long stretches of travel.
- Car games – Car games are a tried and tested favorite, and you don’t necessarily have to be in a car to play them. With a tablet or smartphone, you can even pass back and forth the device to play games like tic-tac-toe or trivia depending on your child’s age.
- Plenty of snacks – Travelling with kids, whether you have the help of tech or not, will mean a lot of stops for snacks and potty breaks. While there isn’t much that can be done about the latter sort of relief, snacks make absorbing all your favourite media, playing games, and enjoying music that much better.
- Take breaks – Children need regular physical activity, if driving, plan to take regular stops to let your child stretch their legs and if in a plane don’t be afraid to take your child on a few laps around the aisles – they will love making new friends and getting some exercise at the same time.